Wednesday, February 15, 2012

(I'll be) Leaving on a Jet Plane

I bought my flight ticket!  EEEEEEEEE (this is my excited noise).  It was so nerve-wracking to commit to this... to enter my visa number... to click submit... to know that there is no cancellation available... I have a plane with a seat on it that will leave Canada on September 9th and arrive in Madrid the next day.  I will be navigating the airport alone.  I will be sitting on this plane alone.  I will have to find my connecting flight in Madrid alone.  But am I really going to be alone?  Maybe I will make my first travel friends!  Maybe, just maybe, I will meet someone who speaks English who will also be living in Malaga!  In any case, whether I get on that plane or not, it is paid for and it is waiting for me.

Upon the advice of the family's previous au pair, I decided to cross the ocean via Air Transat.  After purchasing my ticket, (read: AFTER), I went on blogs that reviewed the airline... they were not saying good things.  They said the food was bad and the seats were uncomfortable and the attendants were rude etc. etc. etc.  But then I asked all my friends if they've ever flown Air Transat, and to my surprise, most of them had... and they had good things to say.  Essentially, it's a pretty OK budget airline... if someone is looking to save money, then certain comforts must be sacrificed.

The reason I booked so quickly was that I found a flight for 750$... in "first class".  For some reason, on Sunday the 9th the Club Class was the same price as Economy! So I jumped on it!  Now, in "club class", I get:
-wider seats
-more leg room
-special menu
-seating in front section of plane (divided from the "common folk"... haha)
-I already picked my seat (window seat!)
-private washroom
-flight attendants especially for club class
-priority boarding
-greater luggage allowance
-baggage is first on the belt

Sounds pretty sweet! And for the same price, why not?!  I'm upset that the seats don't recline fully... because it is an overnight flight.  Maybe I won't have anyone next to me and I can crash across the seats!  Or I will just load up on Gravol.

Hoorayyyyy!!!! I have a flight!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, anonymous...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...