Friday, June 8, 2012

Recurring Travel Dream - I Forget My Camera

Actually, I should call this post the recurring travel nightmare.  Forgetting your camera isn't most people's idea of a nightmare... it actually isn't mine in real life either.  But as a budding photographer who spends hours looking at travel photos, dreaming of one day having her own repertoire to browse, it's pretty scary.

Here's the dream:  I get to whatever destination I'm dreaming about (lately it has been NYC or Spain), and I realize that:
a) I forgot my camera at home and for some reason can't buy one where I'm visiting
b) My batteries die on my camera and I can't charge them

I wake up all worked up that I had the opportunity of a travel adventure that I wasn't able to capture.  I am afraid that I will not remember so vividly I was experiencing on my trip without pictures.  I am afraid that other people will not get to see what I saw, that I won't be able to inspire anyone to visit anywhere or give my friends a better idea of what exactly my life is like in Spain.  Instead of just enjoying the experience without the necessity of capturing it on film, I am overcome with anxiety that I don't have a functioning camera.  Weird, huh?  I wonder what this means.  If it means anything at all, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, anonymous...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...