Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recent Foodstuff.

I tried coquinas, because I was really hungry and it was the only appetizer ordered at the restaurant besides bread.  I have to say, they were pretty tasty.  I couldn't get past the consistency though... something about it was kind of grainy and slimy at the same time.  But like I said, the taste was spot on!
I have been eating calamari as well, usually because I am hungry.  I don't like how chewy it is, and it kind of reminds me of rubber.  But when it is battered and fried I guess it's alright.  Besides, it seems to be one of the few kinds of seafood that doesn't look very much like the animal or organism in its natural environment.

I finally found peanut butter here... I bought it at a German store in Nerja.  It's really good... it tastes like natural peanut butter but it is nice and smooth and the oil doesn't seem to separate as easily.  I am enjoying it on bread here for a snack :)

I am drinking more milk here than ever.  It fills me up, and it goes well with the abundance of chocolate and bread and nutella that this family stocks up on.  Plus I put it in my cereal and call it a meal.  The milk here is not found in the refridgerated section of the supermarket... and you don't put it in the fridge until after you open it.  Weird, huh?

Also, I had shrimp again for the first time in a long time.  I didn't like it again.  So I won't have it again for a while.  I was going to try snails, but I really wasn't into it, and I almost 100% knew I wouldn't like them.  I tried a stew that was made with pigs feet and stomach... and I really liked it! Mind you, I didn't know what meat was in it until after I finished!

People keep trying to make me taste prawns.  But I won't. Ever. Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, anonymous...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...