Thursday, September 6, 2012

A word on fear and adventure.

I think great big adventures are supposed to scare the shit out of you.  I think it's inherent in the fact that its an adventure.  What stops people from traveling by themselves is not whether or not they are afraid, it's whether or not they let that fear manifest itself or face it head on.  During my last night with my darling friend (who is also embarking on an adventure - in NYC!) he left me with some wise words of advice for my travels.  He said "fear is going to be the only thing holding you back. so when you feel that fear bubbling up inside, preventing you from moving forward, you need to look it in the face and say 'fuck you fear!'".  And then we started yelling it together in the crowded bar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, anonymous...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...